- What does LO mean?
- What does CLO stand for?
Navigating an interface that's full of long titles and directions can be confusing and frustrating when all the words don't fit. Coursetune uses abbreviations for phrases that are commonly used in the application. Coursetune uses abbreviations for two reasons:
- To make visualizations of curriculum possible within the circle maps
- To lower the cognitive load of reading full sentences over and over
Here are some of the most common abbreviations:
- LO - Learning Objective (plural is LOs)
- OS - Outcome Set (four types)
- L1OS - Level-1 Outcome Set (Institution)
- L2OS - Level-2 Outcome Set (Division)
- L3OS - Level-3 Outcome Set (Program)
- L4OS - Level-4 Outcome Set (Course)
- CM - Competency
- CO - Core Objectives
- CLO - Course Learning Objective
- CLO- Course Learning Outcome
- CO- Course Outcomes
- CO- Course Objectives
- Goal- Learning Goal
- SLO- Student Learning Outcomes
- Task - Tasks
There are some elements that you can change abbreviations on, like your learning objectives. You can choose two to three words to show in your course graph. Here's a great article on why Coursetune uses these LO abbreviations: Why does Coursetune use an abbreviation for LOs?
Want to learn how to choose those LO abbreviations yourself? Read this article: How do I override the automatic LO abbreviations?