- Can I alphabetize mapping sets?
- How do I sort outcomes?
Before we introduced customization of levels:
Level 1 was called the "Institution Level", and Level-1 Folders were called "Institutions". Outcomes at this level were called Institution Outcome Sets (IOS).
Level 2 was called the "Division Level", and Level-2 Folders were called "divisions". Outcomes at this level were called Division Outcome Sets (DOS).
Level 3 was called the "Program Level", and Level-3 Folders were called "programs". Outcomes at this level were called Program Outcome Sets (POS).
Level 4 was called the "Course Level". Level-4 Objects were called "Courses". Outcomes at this level were called Course Outcome Sets (COS).
You may still hear people refer to these levels using the old language.
Who can do this? Editors and managers with appropriate rights, and admins
Outcome sets are shown in the right panel in the following order from top to bottom:
- Level-1 Outcome Sets in alphabetical order
- Level-2 Outcome Sets in alphabetical order
- Level-3 Outcome Sets in alphabetical order
- Level-4 Outcome Sets in alphabetical order
Outcome sets can store the order of the outcomes that you choose. Go into the batch editor for outcomes and suboutcomes (you must have editing permission on the outcome set) to make changes to the order that displays to users.
Here are your choices for sorting outcomes:
- Alphabetize outcomes by their titles
- Alphabetize outcomes by their outcome IDs
- Create your own order for outcomes
- Alphabetize outcomes by their IDs and then make small alterations (e.g. placing 1.10 after 1.9 instead of after 1.1)
To open the outcome set batch editor:
(1) Start by being in "Edit" mode.
(2) Choose the desired outcome set in the right panel.
(3) Click on the pencil icon and the batch editor will open.
Next to "Outcome ID" you will see the A-Z button with an arrow. Click that to sort by ID (ascending or descending). Similarly, next to "Outcome Name" you will see the A-Z button. Click it to sort alphabetically (ascending or descending).
Note: suboutcomes are not sorted by ID or alphabetically yet, so these icons will disappear if the suboutcomes are expanded in the editor. See next GIF for how to manually move suboutcomes.
You can also move suboutcomes and outcomes manually inside the batch editor by dragging and dropping. Just grab the handle on the left next to the outcome.