- What can a viewer, commenter, editor, manager, or admin do with Coursetune in Canvas?
The Canvas integration allows you to find your course (level-4 object) in Coursetune, link your Coursetune course to your Canvas course, make edits to your Coursetune course, push those edits to update Canvas, and insert individual elements directly into Canvas..
You might want to read this article: How are the roles defined on a course (level 4), program (level 3) or division (level 2) team?
Here is a detailed list of what you can do according to your permissions.
Viewer permissions - If you have view access to one or more courses (level-4 objects) in Coursetune, you will be able to:
- Search those courses for the correct one to link to your Canvas course.
- You will be able to view both sides of the course—the C-layer and Bundle layer.
- You will have view access to the right-side panel where you can turn on and off mappings, complexity scales, activities and assessments, and run course reports.
- You can push any edits made inside Coursetune to your Canvas Course.
- You can also use the Coursetune Rich Text Editor (RTE) in the Canvas Editor to grab and insert elements, such as bundles, C-layers and LOs.
Commenter permissions - If you have commenter access to one or more courses in Coursetune, you will be able to do all of the above, plus:
- Read and leave comments in the tuning feature, access the to-do list in the right-side panel.
- Collaborate or participate in discussions with others who also have commenter access to the same course.
Editor permissions - If you have editor access to one or more courses in Coursetune, you will be able to do all of the above, plus:
- Make any edits to your Coursetune course directly through Canvas.
Manager permissions - If you have manager access to one or more courses in Coursetune, you will be able to do all of the above, plus:
- Access the permissions panel and provide the team with the correct access on the course.
- You will also be able to change the status of a discussion in the tuning feature to facilitate continuous improvement.
Administrator permissions - If you are a Coursetune admin, you will be able to do all of the above, plus:
- Access your admin menu when you click on the hamburger button in the upper right corner.
For more information, read these articles:
- Does Coursetune integrate with my LMS?
- How do I integrate Coursetune with Canvas?
- How do I install the CourseTune Rich Text Editor plugin
- How do I link and unlink Coursetune courses (level-4 objects) with Canvas courses?
- How do I push a course (level-4 object) or course edits from Coursetune to Canvas?
- How do I insert elements from my Coursetune course (level-4 object) into my Canvas course using the Rich Text Editor?