Looking for training on the topics in this article? Check out our asynchronous, on-demand courses on the Structure and Organization of Coursetune, Coursetune's Data Importing Services, Editing in Coursetune, and Mapping for Course Editors at the Coursetune Community Learning Center!
Who can do this: Admin, managers, and editors over the data that was imported.
“Seeing my course in Coursetune helped me to visualize the disconnects between course outcomes and session learning objectives. I would not have been able to detect these gaps without the use of the tools in Coursetune.”
-Colleen M. Culley, PharmD, BCPS at University of Pittsburgh, School of Pharmacy
SME Import Review Checklist
There are three stages to importing: Handoff, Review, Iterate. This article focuses on the review that needs to be performed by your subject matter experts after the data is imported. Depending on the size of your project, there may be a formal review with Coursetune Support where they will also go through this list with you and offer training on any of these items that apply:
- Approve automated LO abbreviation - If you have learning objectives (LO), you will need to review the list and edit if necessary the abbreviations the software automatically choose on import. Related: Why does Coursetune use an abbreviation for LOs?
- LO complexity scale - While you approve the LO abbreviations, consider applying a complexity scale to the learning objectives. If an LO scale was included in your artifacts, be sure to review. Related: Which LO Scales are available in Coursetune?
- Titles and abbreviations - Most likely, some of your elements will not have a shortened title or abbreviated reference. In this case, the full statement will be imported in the description field and you will need to add a shortened version for the title field.
- Course layers - Next, you will need to determine which layer(s) of the circle graph you will use—bundle, c-layer, or both—based on how your current learning elements imported. Related: Why does Coursetune have two course (level 4) design layers?
- Align LOs (give those orphans a home!) - If you see "Orphaned LOs" in a red category on either side of the course (level-4 object), you will want to give them a home before proceeding. Related: How do I get rid of the orphaned LOs?
- Mapping - If you have provided clear mapping artifacts, review and approve the mapping that was imported. No worries if you don't provide this element—it is much easier to map within Coursetune than to create multiple mapping or alignment documents. Related: How do I create mappings on a course (level-4 object)?
|Read a client story about importing: The University of Pittsburgh Begins Their Curriculum Transformation Journey With a First Course “Unboxing"|