If you are using Canvas Outcomes, you can download a Coursetune outcome sets and then upload the CSV file directly into Canvas Outcomes!
Who can do this?
- Coursetune: Editors and managers with access to the desired outcome set and admins
- Canvas: Must be an admin
To Download the Canvas CSV Export File from Coursetune:
(1) From "Edit" mode, select the desired outcome set in Coursetune.
(2) Select the "Pencil" next to the set to access the Edit menu.
(3) The the Batch Editor will open. To correctly generate the Canvas CSV Export file, the following fields must be filled:
- Outcome Set Name
- Outcome Set ID
- Outcome Name(s)
- Outcome ID(s)
If suboutcomes are used, then these fields also need to be filled:
- Suboutcome Names(s)
- Suboutcome ID(s)
For the Canvas CSV Export file to work, the Outcome Set ID, Outcome ID, and Suboutcome ID fields cannot contain spaces, so you can use a dash, or no spaces at all. Some ID examples could be:
(4) Once you have verified the necessary fields are filled out correctly, click "Export Canvas." Save the file to your device.
To Upload the Canvas CSV File to Canvas:
(5) Navigate to your Canvas account. Click"Admin" in the left panel, and select "Outcomes" from the menu. Click "Import".
(6) Drag and drop the CSV file into the import field. If the upload was successful, the outcome set will now appear in the left panel. Select an outcome or suboutcome to see more information.