- Can Coursetune use my organization's authentication service?
- Can I enable Single Sign-On (SSO) for my organization?
- Does Coursetune integrate with Shibboleth (Azure, Google)?
Who can do this? Admins in Coursetune
(1) Click the hamburger button in the top bar and select "Integrations" from the drop down menu.
(2) Navigate to Integrations > SAML Integration.
(3) Copy the contents of the first line (Coursetune SP metadata) into your Identity Provider's (IdP) metadata manager. (e.g. Shibboleth)
(4) Copy your Identity Provider's own metadata into the text box provided within Coursetune. Make sure to click the "Save" button.
The standard Coursetune sign-in page will be expanded with a button reading "Log in with Microsoft or SAML" .
You will be prompted to type your email address. Once submitted, you will be redirected to your IdP for the final authentication step.
If the IdP is set up correctly and you have an active Coursetune account and access, you should then be redirected into Coursetune for your Institution's instance.
Several options are provided.
- SAML enabled link can be provided to users which directs them to Coursetune as soon as they verify their identity by signing in with their IdP.
- If you wish to use an id other than the user email for Coursetune access, a custom-id attribute has been provided. Note: this option was requested by customers but has yet to see widespread adoption or use, and may be subject to unexpected behavior.
- You can enforce Single Sign-On with SAML by clicking the checkbox in the Coursetune SAML Integration settings panel. Be sure to notify your users if they have not used SAML before, as the change in log in pattern / procedures may lead to increase volume of support requests.
Related article: How do I use Single Sign-On with Coursetune?