- How do I get rid of tasks?
- Can I delete a suggestion from the task list?
- Why do I still see tasks after they are completed?
There are three ways that tasks can be created:
- Through changing the status of a suggestion to Planned
- Check out this article: How do I change the status of a suggestion?
- By manually adding a task
- Check out this article : How do I manually create a task on the task list?
- By importing a list with an Excel file
- Check out this article: How do I import a task list?
The status of suggestions on a course (level-4 object) can be changed to Planned, which adds them as an item on the Task List. These tasks can be deleted by the original creator of the suggestion. This is the same for tasks manually created or imported to the task list.
Note: There is a 24 hour time limit to editing or deleting suggestions before they become part of the course history. This means that tasks created by changing a suggestion's status to Planned can only be closed in order to remove it visually from the task list.
Manually created tasks will have an ellipsis (three dots) by them, while tasks created by a suggestion will have an orange mark.
Editing/Deleting a Manually Added Task
Step 1: If you are an Editor or Manager, start on the course level (level 4), and make sure Edit mode is turned on.
Step 2: Next, click on the task list icon in the right panel (the check mark), and select the desired task. To edit, click the edit pencil, or to delete, click the trash can.
Completing a Task
Planned suggestions populate the task list, so you cannot delete those particular tasks (unless you had started the original suggestion thread, and within the 24 hour time frame). They can only be Completed. Most suggestion threads are not deleted. This way, team members can view older suggestion history on a course (level-4 object).
If you created the task, and are within the 24-hour window, check out this article: How do I edit or delete my suggestions?
Step 1: At the course level, click on the task list, and make sure Edit mode is turned on.
Step 2: Click the checkmark on the left side of the task, and it will now show under Completed Tasks.
Want more information on the Task List? Check out these articles:
- Glossary: Task List
- How do I create a task on the task list?
- How do I import a task list?
- How do I build an Excel file for importing a task list?