Who can do this? Admins (with admin rights to both CourseTune and Canvas)
If you’re revising a course shell in Canvas, or moving a course online, you might want to be able to drop learning objectives, course objectives, and other course information on the pages or assignments that are appropriate. With the this integration, it’s as easy as opening the editor in Canvas, pressing the CourseTune button, and selecting the elements you’d like to include.
To install the CourseTune RTE plugin, you will begin inside your CourseTune Canvas Integration panel.
This is an optional step in the Canvas integration, so installing the Rich Text Editor (CourseTune RTE plugin) will come after adding your developer key and CourseTune APP to your Canvas account.
Refer to this article if you need to complete that step first: How do I integrate CourseTune with Canvas?
(1) Click on the hamburger button in the right panel and select "Integrations".
(2) Select "Canvas" from the Integrations panel on the left.
(3) At the bottom of ths Canvas Integration panel, copy the "XML Plugin Configuration".
Note: If you accidentally choose the first "XML Configuration", this will install the regular CourseTune Canvas integration twice. If you see "CourseTune" show twice in your left panel inside a Canvas course, that is an indication that the wrong XML code was used during this step of adding the RTE plugin.
You will now navigate back to your Canvas account for this next step.
(4) From the "Admin" panel in your Canvas account, select "Settings" from the menu.
(5) Click on "Apps" in the top bar, and then click on "View App Configuration".
(6) Click on "+App" and select "Paste XML" from the "Configuration Type" drop down menu.
(7) Make sure to name this the "CourseTune RTE Plugin".
(8) Consumer Key, (9) Shared Secret, and (10) XML Configuration will be copied directly from your CourseTune Canvas Integration panel now, and pasted into Canvas.
From CourseTune Canvas Integration panel:
Remember, step 10 needs to be the "XML Plugin Configuration" that is copied and pasted.
(11) You will see this notification after clicking "Submit". Click "Yes, Install Tool".
You will see the "CourseTune RTE Plugin" in the list of apps.
You may now navigate to your Canvas course to see that the plugin will now show up in the Editor for non-students in Canvas. Click on it to choose the elements you wish to insert into your Canvas course (pages, modules, etc.).
Read this article for how to do that: How do I use the Coursetune Rich Text Editor in Canvas?