- What is an Institution Outcome Set? (IOS)
- What is a Division Outcome Set? (DOS)
- What is a Program Outcome Set (POS)?
- What is a Course Outcome Set (COS)?
An Outcome Set is a collection of outcomes that can be mapped to level-4 objects through the learning objectives.
Often outcome sets are used to collect a desired set of skills that learners should gain while while completing a course, program, or degree/certificate. But there are many other uses: industry standards, accreditation requirements, skills gaps, certification, badges, institutional goals, program-level (school or department) goals, track equipment use or other resources, track and monitor project workflows.
In Coursetune, there are four levels of Outcome Sets:
- L1OS - Institution (Level 1) Outcome Set
- L2OS - Division (Level 2) Outcome Set
- L3OS - Program (Level 3) Outcome Set
- L4OS - Course (Level 4) Outcome Set
The outcome sets are listed in the Mappings panel on the right-hand side of the interface. The icon listed with each outcome set corresponds to the level icons in the left-hand panel. Hover on an outcome set to see the level number of the outcome set (1, 2, 3, or 4).
When you click on an outcome set, the set expands to show the outcomes (and suboutcomes). The Description panel will display the outcome set level.