Learning Objectives are the statements that orbit a Course Graph describing the learning that will happen for students.
Here's an interactive tutorial:
1. Learning Objectives, or L.O., are the essential statements that describe what students will learn and accomplish in your course.
This tutorial covers two ways to add a single Learning Objective.
Read more about these options here.
2. To add a Learning Objective, check that you are on Level 4, the course level.
3. The Learning Objectives, orbit the course on the Bundle Layer and the C-Layer.You can add them to either design layer, switch, and organize for each layer.
This tutorial uses the Bundle Layer.
Use the same steps to add an L.O. to the C-Layer.
4. Click the Edit Mode button to enable edit mode.
Each user's permissions will determine which modes they may use. Check your permissions if you are unable to complete an action.
5. Click on the Module or the Blue Arrows to expand the set of Learning Objective statements delivered in this Bundle.
6. Click the Add L.O. button to add a single Learning Objective statement to a Bundle element.
7. Add the Learning Objective statement.
Here's a tutorial video to help you write better Learning Objective statements.
Here's an article on duplicate L.O. and tips for writing learning statements.
8. Click on the Box below the Learning Objective to select which 3 keywords will be visible on the Course Graph.
The green words are the selected words that will display in-orbit around the Course Graph.
To deselect a word, click it again.
9. Several Learning Scales are available in CourseTune. Read about them here. This example uses Bloom's Levels.
Select the appropriate Learning Scale Level for your statement. This will vary with each learning scale dimension.
10. Click Add to see the new Learning Objective, or L.O. statement.
11. Another way to access the same menu that adds a single Learning Objective is by Clicking the plus sign learning objective item.
12. The Course Graph view shows the three keywords for each Learning Objective.
The full description appears in the bottom right panel. This is true for both design layers of a course.
NEXT- Add an activity