Learn to Add a C-Layer element to answer- What are students learning?
Here's an interactive tutorial:
1. The C-Layer answers the question "What will students learn?"
The goals and competencies that learners need to obtain during a course are designed in the C-Layer.
This tutorial covers Adding a C-Layer element. Read about the C-Layer design.
2. To add a C-Layer element, check that you are at Level 4, the course level, and that you are on the C-Layer.
The C-Layer icon has the mountain peaks.
The naming of the C-Layer is customizable at Level 1, 2, and 4, depending on the permissions.
3. Click the Edit button to enable Edit Mode.
Each user's permissions will determine which modes they may use. Check your permissions if you are unable to complete an action.
4. Add a C-Layer element to document a missing or additional Course Outcome.
Click the +CO button, to begin adding a C-Layer element. If you don't see the Plus Sign + button, you may not be in Edit Mode or you may not have permission to edit.
5. Add the Title of the Course Outcome. This title shows up in the circle course graph, in reports, and in the description panel.
6. Add the Description of the new Course Outcome in the text box.
This description appears in the reports and in the description panel on the right when the item is selected.
7. Add a Course Outcome ID.
This optional ID shows up in reports and in the description panel. The ID field accepts all standard keyboard characters.
8. Click the Add Button to close the menu and see the new Course Outcome in the Course Graph.
9. Your new Course Outcome has been added!
View the Description panel in the bottom right corner to see all the details for the Course Outcome that's selected.
10. You can repeat the same process to add more C-Layer elements and document your course outcomes.
NEXT- Add a Bundle for the delivery organization layer of the course.