- How do I add an intro in Catalyst?
- How do I edit an introduction in Catalyst?
The Intro category invites faculty to describe or create the overview that will orient students to the module.
Advice for Writing
Advice for writing the introduction is available in the italicized, collapsible paragraph.
The ( ? ) icon in the top right corner of the category button provides additional guidance, including a link to AP’s own documentation.
Adding an Introduction
An introduction includes three elements:
- Title, which is required if there is a description. “Add Title” is pre-filled and can be customized (max characters: 256).
- Description, which can be typed or pasted (max characters: 2048). NOTE: If there is a description, a title is required.
- Time on Task is optional (max time: 99h 59m).
Editing an Introduction
- Edit the title by clicking on the title or on the pencil icon. Make the change. Click the checkmark to save.
- Edit the description by changing the text; it is autosaved.
- Edit the time on task by clicking the button. Use the drop-downs to adjust the time, and click “Save.”
But what if…
If a faculty member wants to compose the module introduction in the LMS, this page can be left blank. The page will be automatically created in the LMS. The introduction is the only part of the Course Map that must be exported to the LMS, as shown in Catalyst Set-up > Export to LMS options.
Preview of LMS Export
The introduction category of the Course Map will export to the Module Overview page in the LMS.
Want to know more about navigating the Course Map in Catalyst? Check out these articles:
- What is the Course Map in Catalyst?
- Navigating the Course Map in Catalyst: Opening a Module or Category
- Navigating the Course Map in Catalyst: LOs Category
- Navigating the Course Map in Catalyst: Discuss Category
- Navigating the Course Map in Catalyst: Learn Category
- Navigating the Course Map in Catalyst: Assess Category
- Navigating the Course Map in Catalyst: Summary Category